From Marketplace to Medicare

Why voluntary retiree healthcare is an untapped opportunity

An Influx of Retirees

The number of Americans retiring daily has nearly doubled since the year 2000. Currently, an estimated 10,000 are turning 65 every day. By 2030, according to the Census Bureau, all baby boomers will be older than 65.

Today, only 20% of U.S. employers offer retiree health benefits. The other 80% have an influx of retiring employees with little to no support as they make the difficult transition to Medicare.

How Brokers can Help

Voluntary benefits play an increasingly important role in most organizations and are viewed favorably by employees. However, these benefits are typically limited to active employees. Incorporating a voluntary retiree health insurance offering is a sensible program enhancement. Here’s why:

  • It enhances an organization’s employee benefits package
  • It offers a valued service to retirees as they transition to Medicare
  • All enrollment, payroll, billing and collection is outsourced
  • There is no cost to the employer

The AmWINS Solution

AmWINS’ Voluntary Retiree Benefit Choice (VRBC) is unique in the market. The program features everything an employer needs to ensure their employees are taken care of after they retire:

  • Product Choice – Retirees can choose from up to three carefully curated group Medicare plans and two prescription drug plans, or explore the many individual Medicare marketplace plans for an even greater selection of offerings
  • Fully Outsourced Administration – Implementation can be completed in as little as 75 days and eligibility, enrollment, marketing, communications, billing and collections, and annual renewals is handled by AmWINS 
  • Concierge Service – AmWINS assigns a dedicated, experienced relationship management team to implement the program. Once launched, licensed Medicare experts provide unmatched concierge service to retirees, reducing anxiety and confusion, and easing the transition to Medicare